Adding Bling with Fabric Stencils, Sew-On Jewels, and Sequins
by Mayra Cecilia
Add Sparkle To A DIY Elsa Dress
I set about to liven up the Easy Princess Dress and in the process I wanted to demonstrate a few fun techniques. I'm using a snowflake motif and fake jewels to bling up this particular dress, but you can use these same techniques to liven up any garment.
For durability purposes, I recommend adding a small amount of glue and sewing the jewels to the skirt.
Please note that this costume is not suitable for girls under 3 years old.
• Plaid Simply Stencil Maker
• Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint Glitter 2 Oz
• Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint in Pearl
• Tulip dimensional Fabric Paint Glow in the dark 1.25 fl oz
• Deco Fabric white marker
• Gem Tac permanent adhesive
• Flat back jewels turquoise
• Flat back pearls 8mm
• Round or Square acrylic crystal
• Flat back oval acrylic jewel 8mm
• Cutter Knife
• Filbert Painting brush for Acrylic paint
• Golden Braid about 30” for Size 8
Check the FREE pattern and tutorial here: http://so-sew-easy.com/adding-bling-with-fabric-stencils/
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Sewing Project Here..